V-IPL Hair Removal Near You
Hair removal treatments are among the most popular cosmetic treatments for both men and women across the world. At Flourish Facial and Body, we offer hair removal solutions to enhance our patients’ comfort and confidence.
Understanding Hair Growth
To understand how hair removal works, it is important to understand how hair growth works. Hair grows in three stages:
1. The active growth phase – the part of the follicle that creates hair is present and growing a hair
2. The mature phase – this is when the hair has stopped growing, and the follicle has disappeared
3. The dormant phase – the follicle prepares to shed the old hair and begin the growth cycle over again
Usually, a hair follicle renews the growth cycle every 4-12 weeks, depending on which part of the body it grows on.
What is V-IPL Hair Removal, and How Does it Work?
IPL stands for intense pulsed light and uses light to heat the hair follicle and prevent it from renewing the growth cycle. IPL devices produce a specific type of light that creates a single beam similar to a laser pointer.
The procedure for getting V-IPL hair removal near you can be broken down into the following steps:
1. The IPL penetrates the skin and is absorbed by the pigment in the hair follicle
2. This absorption of light heats the hair follicle and shaft
3. If the right amount of light energy is used, then the cells will get heated to a temperature that interrupts the hair growth cycle
4. The effects of IPL can be permanent or temporary depending on several factors
Interested in V-IPL Hair Removal in Charlotte?
At Flourish Facial and Body, we are happy to use V-IPL technology to help our clients with hair removal. If you have any questions or concerns about this procedure, feel free to contact us and book a consultation with one of our highly trained technicians today!